Come walk with me

Come walk with me among the stones and trees, away from the distractions and we will reflect on what truly matters. . . .

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Winter

How I dread the winter, the darkness, the cold in the bones.

It was not always thus. I loved the gray days, the nights of wood stoves, the intimacy. Winter was safe. The smoke curled to the ground and the world was small.

Fear changes things.

The sharp edge of fear slices through the day and into the veil, a veil we do not wish to see beyond, the dark we do not wish to know exists. Once we know that fear, we are never the same.

I struggle to remind myself that God is bigger than the fear.

Love, trust, betrayal, fear -- love must be bigger. It must be. Surely it must be.

Photo by Denise Coalson taken from Ivy Green Church, Surry County, North Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment