Come walk with me

Come walk with me among the stones and trees, away from the distractions and we will reflect on what truly matters. . . .

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Guide Us


I want to believe in something beautiful tonight. I want to believe that love lasts. Forever. Forever and ever. I just want to believe it exists, that it is possible to be selfless. I want to believe that God really does hold the whole world in His hands. I want to believe that life can be beautiful and just. I want to believe in grace, the abundance of grace. Faith. Silver. Hope. Gold. Charity. White robes. Incense. Frankincense. Royal beauty.

Moor and mountain. Moonlight on the moor. Morning on the mountain. Morning. I want to believe in the morning star.

I want to believe in the better angels, our better angels. Angels we have heard on high. Angels among us. With us, with us.

But bitter perfume fills the air. Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying.

But, please, no more myrrh. Not now. Not tonight.

Prayer and praising, all men raising. Raise us. Let us rise. Let us see the light. Overlook the blindness, hide our blindness, blind us so that all we see is light.

Guide us to the perfect light.


No comments:

Post a Comment